No power to Fuel Pump
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on No power to Fuel Pump within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I have a 94 impreza 2.2 automatic, which is currently not receiving fuel to the front of the engine. ...

Red face No power to Fuel Pump

Hello,

I have a 94 impreza 2.2 automatic, which is currently not receiving fuel to the front of the engine. I have check for power at the fuelpump, and it had none.

I have checked the following/replaced it.
    ECU (R)
    Crank Position (R)
    checked Relay ( no clicking )

Ran a Cable from a 12 volts at the fuse box to the blue and yellow wire at the Fuel pump and before trying to crank I made sure I was getting twelve volts. But nothing. Previous owner said the fuel pump was working fine, it just wouldn't start. So he put new ignition, new sparks plugs,cable, Fuel injectors.. he said it might need a cam position sensor or the ecu. but I don't believe any of those has to do with no power at fuel pump.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Koqui; 04-19-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: adding specs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any one?

Unhappy

Can any one be so kind to help?

I change the cam sensor too, still no power. What else Im I missing?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure if I read that right, you supplied the fuel pump with 12 volts from another source and it still wasn't working? Is that right? Sounds like a faulty fuel pump to me, not that uncommon.

I take it you've removed the fuel line at the filter to check flow of fuel while cranking? How exactly are you sure that there isn't gas getting to the engine bay?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

yep took the line from the filter when cranking.. I check for volts on the blue/yellow cable and didn't have none. I took the cable that's under the seat; unplug it and checked from there to where it connects under the dash ( passenger side) still nothing.

Where else do I check, I havent removed the pump and tried it directly to battery (Positive & negative to battery) But if their is no power to it from the stock cable then....?WDF

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Odd...

Follow these steps here, found them in a service manual, I hope it applies to your application, though it says it's for a turbo model, I think they should be at least close to the same.

Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 04-23-2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

not sure what the b44 is since the connector doesnt look like the ecu that i have ( 94 impreza 2.2).... I have taken some pictures, if you may explain....

fuel pump

fuel pump under seat

ECU cable

The whole album
    Pictures by krenly - Photobucket

Last edited by Koqui; 04-24-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Did you check the fuel pump relay? Inside on driver side under dash.

Exclamation

yes i have i have replaced it and i have also check for power. without the key i have 12v on one of the pins, when i turn the key i have 12v on both cables, i figure the other two cables are negative...

I have strip the carpet out, and i found broken glass and at the speedometer area too, can any one tell me if this 1994 model have an immobolizer of some sort? The car is cracking I dont see the regular "check engine" light on the dash before cracking wdheck is wrong with this >>>!!!!
    Last edited by Koqui; 04-25-2010 at 12:07 PM.

I have officially removed the fuel pump, and tested it on the battery i heard a dim noise, not some thing i would expect like my ford or elantra... but doent realy tell me why the stock cable doesnt have power....

Have you checked for continuity throughout the entire power circuit for the fuel pump? 94' to the best of my knowledge did not utilize any kind of immobilizer however something may have been installed in the aftermarket. Let me ask you this, say you have everything installed and you attempt to start the car with the assistance of someone spraying some gum cutter or starting fluid in one of the air intake hoses does the vehicle fire up at all?

yes, it will try to start, I have replugged everything, and check for volts on all cables at the pump, I get 0.1 volts on a black and red cable. Taught it should have been the blue and yellow cable that should get power..?

Quote Originally Posted by Koqui View Post
    yes, it will try to start, I have replugged everything, and check for volts on all cables at the pump, I get 0.1 volts on a black and red cable. Taught it should have been the blue and yellow cable that should get power..?
    You got these readings at the connector you mention, Check continuity throughout the circuit, your sure your getting spark right? Do you have power at the relay when your cranking the engine?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.