Anyone got any good advice?

This is a discussion on Anyone got any good advice? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have been trying to diagnose this noise I have in my driver side suspension. It is a metal ...

Anyone got any good advice?

So I have been trying to diagnose this noise I have in my driver side suspension. It is a metal on metal clunking sound. It happens when I go over bumps and it is driving me crazy. I searched a lot of topics on it and I came across the infamous 'strut clunk'. To eliminate the possibility of it being my strut, I applied grease to the piston in my strut and I have also replaced my ball joint now. I took my tie rod end off in the process and it looks alright. I had taken off the sway bar link, still made the noise. The halfshaft does not have much play and neither of the CV's are split. What do you guys think?
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a sound like that on my 06.I thought it was a strut ended up being loose pitcht mount

got a pic or a location?
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold

My 2006 Build

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the same thing. I thought maybe the struts are going but not 100% sure. I changed the lower ball joints and re-greased the sway bar. Noise is still there. I think maybe it might be because I have metal endlinks. I don't hear it every day. Mostly just when I turn into my drive way (gravel) or drive over an area with lots of undulations.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

^ I've got a noise like that, immediately after sway bar/end link install. The bar is thoroughly greased, I'm guessing it's the links. Midway between a pop/creak on occasion.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I think Donkey and I have the same problem but mine is pretty frequent. Everytime I go over a bump I hear a 'metal on metal' and it is driving me insane. I called Subaru today who is apparently the only one I can get struts from BTW and at the very least I am looking at $75 diagnosing fee and a hour drive out west and back.
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold

My 2006 Build