Can someone tell me how to fix this..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Can someone tell me how to fix this.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2010 wrx sedan... i got a dyno tune.. hks SSQ blow off valve.. cold air intake... and ...

Can someone tell me how to fix this..

I have a 2010 wrx sedan... i got a dyno tune.. hks SSQ blow off valve.. cold air intake... and all of a sudden, after installing my invidia downpipe.. after i get up to 4500 RPM in 3rd.. the car kind of mis-fires.. and my check engine light comes on along with traction control and cruise control lights... it was still running fine.. but then all of a sudden today the blow off valve just stopped working and now my engine is running kind of sluggish.. can someone tell me why this happened and how to fix it?>

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You got tuned before the downpipe install? I'll guess that that's your problem. You may be overboosting, so your car cuts off the fuel supply to prevent any engine damage.

The downpipe most definitely needs a tune to maximize benefits and prevent your car from say "NO!"
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I Support ClubWRX
    You need a new tune.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

1. Check the ECU for any stored error codes, make a note of these.

2. Disconnect the battery for a minute or so to hopefully reset it and make the car more drivable.

3. Get an ECU tune that works with the modifications you have, and in the meantime, go very easy on the throttle and keep the boost low.

okay... so will i need a new blow off valve then?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoorewrx10 View Post
    okay... so will i need a new blow off valve then?
    Installing an aftermarket downpipe generally requires a different ECU tune, at least from what I've seen/read. BOV is probably not your problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    You probably have a pinched vacuum line by the blow off valve. You don't need a new one. You need a new tune since you were tuned before the install of those parts

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

New tune. Should have waited till you put that downpipe on to get the tune. I wouldn't recommend flooring it till you get that problem fixed. The fact that your cars ecu is saying wtf is happening here everything is flowing way more then what I'm putting out it's saying it's not right and cutting your fuel to prevent damage. aka it's saying I don't like it don't do it again.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yup, I'd put money on it having over-boost codes. You have to get it retuned right away.

The BOV should be fixed ASAP too whatever it is doing. Are you hearing any compressor surge?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Yup, I'd put money on it having over-boost codes. You have to get it retuned right away.

The BOV should be fixed ASAP too whatever it is doing. Are you hearing any compressor surge?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.