fast blinking directional
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on fast blinking directional within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My WRX's driver side directional is flashing very fast. Normally I thought it would be a lamp out. But both ...

JT7

fast blinking directional

My WRX's driver side directional is flashing very fast. Normally I thought it would be a lamp out. But both rear and front are illuminating. The hazards flash normal when engaged.

Any thoughts as to what this might be (relay etc?) If going to the dealer wasn't such a pain in the ass I would make them earn some money. If it's just a loose relay, bulb etc then no big deal.

Thanks
    2010 Obsidian Black 5 Door
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JT7 View Post
    My WRX's driver side directional is flashing very fast. Normally I thought it would be a lamp out. But both rear and front are illuminating. The hazards flash normal when engaged.

Any thoughts as to what this might be (relay etc?) If going to the dealer wasn't such a pain in the ass I would make them earn some money. If it's just a loose relay, bulb etc then no big deal.

Thanks

Are you sure both of them are as bright as they normally are?...I would still prob pop the bulb out and replace it to start with....

JT7
    Yea - because when the hazards are on they look identical on both sides - front and back.
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

do the hazards blink at normal speed and just the directionals blink fast?

had that prob with my moms car and it turned out half of the relay was bad because it controlled the directionals and the hazards so the hazards worked fine but the directionals blinked fast.

JT7
    That's what I was thinking because that is exactly what is happening.

Thanks
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.