white milky stuff on dipstick

This is a discussion on white milky stuff on dipstick within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello. I have 02 wrx with about 78k miles. Its has a vf34, sti pinks, upgraded fuel pump, up,mid, and ...

white milky stuff on dipstick

Hello. I have 02 wrx with about 78k miles. Its has a vf34, sti pinks, upgraded fuel pump, up,mid, and down pipe, and borla catless.

This morning i checked my oil and noticed a small amount of a milky white substance on the dip stick. The rest of the oil on the stick looked normal. I stuck it back in a second time and pulled out; got a little bit more white stuff. After putting the d.s in and pulling it out a few other times i wasn't able to pull out any more white stuff. I checked the oil again when i got to school and nothin, it looked normal. Checked it again after class before driving home and still lookin normal. Any ideas? Im hopin i just had some condensation in the ds tube. Please let me know what you guys think.

oh ya, coolant and res seem fine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you can, provide a picture of it please. Could be anything from coolant, to froth. Neither are good, but a picture would help to diagnose it.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Peachypumpkincheeks

That's the cream filling!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're gonna have to drain your oil to get a clear picture of what's going on.

I Support ClubWRX
    mmmm twinkie

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

If you stop playing with your dipstick so much, the milky stuff won't come out.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    If you stop playing with your dipstick so much, the milky stuff won't come out.
    So I jizzed, in, my, (oil)pan.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus32 View Post
    Hello. I have 02 wrx with about 78k miles. Its has a vf34, sti pinks, upgraded fuel pump, up,mid, and down pipe, and borla catless.

This morning i checked my oil and noticed a small amount of a milky white substance on the dip stick. The rest of the oil on the stick looked normal. I stuck it back in a second time and pulled out; got a little bit more white stuff. After putting the d.s in and pulling it out a few other times i wasn't able to pull out any more white stuff. I checked the oil again when i got to school and nothin, it looked normal. Checked it again after class before driving home and still lookin normal. Any ideas? Im hopin i just had some condensation in the ds tube. Please let me know what you guys think.

oh ya, coolant and res seem fine
    I would drain the oil immediately.... change oil/fiter and "stir" through the oil that you drained and look for something odd.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Registered User nickolasjamison's Avatar
    Maybe it's condensation. Usually I see this white stuff in dodge engines. I was told by someone that it's water getting in there. How? No idea. Either way I don't think it's very good.

I hate to say this, but when that happened to me it was warped head gaskets. I have a 2003 WRX with 120,000. Good luck!

I Support ClubWRX
    Start simple. It's either dirt or water; most likely water. "Simple" means it's condensation and that could be from not driving the car long enough, that is, driving for short trips in humid and/or chilly weather. Sure it could be a head gasket but that's not simple, so start simple first.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Id probally say a blown head gasket... has it been running hot or has it overheated?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

If you have a bad head gasket your coolant will be getting low. Check the coolant level and make sure that its okay.

Also if it is a head gasket you will have a white, (I believe but I may be wrong) sweet smelling smoke coming out of the exhaust.

Hopefully this helps.

P.s. I know they make pretty inexpensive kits to test if it is a bad head gasket.
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)