Wobbling Pulley
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

This is a discussion on Wobbling Pulley within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im looking at buying a wrx in a few days... however it has some problems. right not my main concern ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5

    Wobbling Pulley

    Im looking at buying a wrx in a few days... however it has some problems. right not my main concern is squeling belts. the belts definately need replaced, which im ok with, however one of the belt pulley is wobbling as little bit, but nothing crazy. its something i definately want to fix but, could it be as simple as buying a new one could fix it?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Posts
    34
    I'd get a mechanic to check it out. The answer probably depends on which pulley.

    I had a '91 Legacy once with a wobbly crankshaft pulley; ended up being a partly broken keyway. To fix it right would have meant a new crankshaft! The mechanic rigged something up with a bigger key and some JB weld.

  4. #3
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    Which pulley is it?

  5. #4
    Registered User EvoEatr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt314 View Post
    I'd get a mechanic to check it out. The answer probably depends on which pulley.

    I had a '91 Legacy once with a wobbly crankshaft pulley; ended up being a partly broken keyway. To fix it right would have meant a new crankshaft! The mechanic rigged something up with a bigger key and some JB weld.
    Hmm that seems odd, I know for a fact on the second gen. Legacies the crankshaft woodruff key is easily replaceable, I have replaced them myself..lol..perhaps on the first gen Legacies it wasnt this easy...

  6. #5
    Registered User EvoEatr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostpyro91 View Post
    Im looking at buying a wrx in a few days... however it has some problems. right not my main concern is squeling belts. the belts definately need replaced, which im ok with, however one of the belt pulley is wobbling as little bit, but nothing crazy. its something i definately want to fix but, could it be as simple as buying a new one could fix it?
    Which pulley?

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Hmm that seems odd, I know for a fact on the second gen. Legacies the crankshaft woodruff key is easily replaceable, I have replaced them myself..lol..perhaps on the first gen Legacies it wasnt this easy...
    The key was replaceable; the problem was the slot in the crankshaft where you place the key, that's what was damaged.

  8. #7
    Registered User EvoEatr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt314 View Post
    The key was replaceable; the problem was the slot in the crankshaft where you place the key, that's what was damaged.
    Ah, Gotcha...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •