Quick Question???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Quick Question??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i need an answer asap. im at the library and they only give me an hour on the net. my ...

Quick Question???

i need an answer asap. im at the library and they only give me an hour on the net. my question is will an alternator from a 92 legacy wagon 2.2l fit on an 02 wrx 2.0l?? im getting the one rebuilt for my wrx and i dont know if it will be done in the time i wanted it to be. thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

to answer your question in a word "no"; they are not the same alternator so my guess it the output/pulley/housing/bolt pattern are probably different.

OEM replacement from autozone is only $200 with a $61 core charge (you get it back when you bring in the other alternator)

I wouldn't skimp on something as important as the alternator for keeping your car running.
    Last edited by arthowell; 04-13-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: i r r-tard
    2008 Subaru WRX 5door : EJ25 Turbo
    1997 Honda Del Sol : N/A D16Y8
    1982 Pontiac Trans Am : Chevy 305

im getting it rebuilt right now. its a lot cheaper and its the same thing as getting a refirbished one. i was planning on getting my wrx out of storage tomorrow to clean it up and get it ready for summer since the weather is supposed to be nice. its supposed to rain thursday which is my only other day off work and im not going to get my car out in the rain. i was just going to temporarly switch them until i got the other one back. o well ill just have to hope it gets done by tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.