So I was picking up milk today at the super market and I also needed an oil change... doh. There was a quick lube place beside it.
Long story short:
1. Bolt came out with the taking the threads of the pan with it.
2. Shop doesn't have a tool big enough to re-thread the pan. (guy also advise that's not a permanent solution)
3. Universal plug: they had one but when they put it on and started up it leaked like crazy.
SO 3 things:
1. I want to get my car out of there. Does any one know of temporary plug, universal plug that fits good?
2. Anyone know of an online place to get a cheap (used or new) oil pan?
I have on 04 WRX.
I plan to look/call around to some local junk yards or part pickers tomorrow to see what I can find.
3. Does anyone know what year(s) other then 04 oil pans that I could use? I think it's 02 - 05 but any help is cool.
thanks for any help or suggestions.
FYI: they gave me a loaner mini van from the shop.... I want to kill my self right now....