oil return line
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on oil return line within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; have a 04 wrx and have had 2 oil return lines put on. after about 2 weeks each time, it ...

oil return line

have a 04 wrx and have had 2 oil return lines put on. after about 2 weeks each time, it starts to leak oil and burn. bought the wrx used and it had a lot of mods....probably first mistake, second im new to turbo. if anyone can give me an idea what may be causing this, much appreciated. turbo blown? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by n2subi View Post
    have a 04 wrx and have had 2 oil return lines put on. after about 2 weeks each time, it starts to leak oil and burn. bought the wrx used and it had a lot of mods....probably first mistake, second im new to turbo. if anyone can give me an idea what may be causing this, much appreciated. turbo blown? any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    Need a little bit more information. How many miles are on the vehicle? What mods exactly where on the vehicle? What starts to leak oil the new return line? Define burning? is it being burnt in the combustion chamber/turbo? so you have bluish smoke? or is it leaking onto the outside of the joint pipe and burning off?

around 28k miles. oil is hitting exhaust. once the line was replaced the blow off worked fine, then started to not hear it as much. im new to turbo and wrx and all that. just trying learn and get it fixed cheap. here are some pics. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3283789/WRX/photos.jpeg thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by n2subi View Post
    around 28k miles. oil is hitting exhaust. once the line was replaced the blow off worked fine, then started to not hear it as much. im new to turbo and wrx and all that. just trying learn and get it fixed cheap. here are some pics. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3283789/WRX/photos.jpeg thanks.

Do you have an oil catch can installed? There has to be some serious pressure in that line for it to leak like that twice unless of course it wasnt sealed properly....From the looks of it it leaks at the fitting, I would def. make sure the fitting is sealed properly first. Are you using factory lines? I would prob change the PCV valve also if it was me...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Do you have an oil catch can installed? There has to be some serious pressure in that line for it to leak like that twice unless of course it wasnt sealed properly....From the looks of it it leaks at the fitting, I would def. make sure the fitting is sealed properly first. Are you using factory lines? I would prob change the PCV valve also if it was me...
    no oil catch can. what does that do? very new to all this stuff.... love the car, just trying to learn how it works. i have it back in the shop. what kind of oil pressure should be there? what does the pcv valve do? i appreciate your help... nice car also, but if you dont have time for all my questions i understand. it is just so frustrating to have it fixed i think then be driving along and then that smell of burning oil come in again. i see you are in pa, i live near harrisburg. do you know of a good shop that can work on cars like this? the guy i go to knows his stuff about muscle cars....starting to wonder if he knows subi's and turbos. anyway thank you very much for your help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.