is it worth putting a larger TMIC on a car with a stock turbo?

This is a discussion on is it worth putting a larger TMIC on a car with a stock turbo? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i was recently thinking i wouldn't mind getting a larger TMIC for my 02 WRX. i still have a ...

is it worth putting a larger TMIC on a car with a stock turbo?

so i was recently thinking i wouldn't mind getting a larger TMIC for my 02 WRX. i still have a stock turbo so i was wondering if it would make a positive or negative difference?

advice or experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well im about to order a spearco tmic and im still running stock turbo...the way i see it, anything that will cool down the air better is a plus for hp and preventing detonation.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by metsnwrex View Post
    so i was recently thinking i wouldn't mind getting a larger TMIC for my 02 WRX. i still have a stock turbo so i was wondering if it would make a positive or negative difference?

advice or experiences?
    I had a chat with my tuner on Thursday about this very subject. The answer: Probably not. Unless you are going well above stock boost and are willing to contend with the mods needed to fully support an STi TMIC. I'm getting ~18 psi Protuned with a modified stock turbo using a 3 port boost controller solenoid.

Bone stock, there is zero reason to upgrade the OEM TMIC.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics