help please new sub driver
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help please new sub driver within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey whats up everyone. just bought an 04 wrx about a month ago . i love it , probably the ...

help please new sub driver

hey whats up everyone. just bought an 04 wrx about a month ago . i love it , probably the nicest car i have owned ...
    SO i finally got to play with it today out in a flat muddy field. did a few donuts and got it sideways. super fun!
    But... now when i drive on the freeway and get it up to 65 to 70 mph the car vibrates really bad and the steering wheel shakes side to side... iam pretty upset about it because its not like i hit any potholes or anything crazy... just alot of slipping and sliding..
    did i wack the alignment out or something?? what did i do to the car?
    iam going to have to take it back in Monday for them to work on it..i know for sure..
    any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silversubaru View Post
    hey whats up everyone. just bought an 04 wrx about a month ago . i love it , probably the nicest car i have owned ...
    SO i finally got to play with it today out in a flat muddy field. did a few donuts and got it sideways. super fun!
    But... now when i drive on the freeway and get it up to 65 to 70 mph the car vibrates really bad and the steering wheel shakes side to side... iam pretty upset about it because its not like i hit any potholes or anything crazy... just alot of slipping and sliding..
    did i wack the alignment out or something?? what did i do to the car?
    iam going to have to take it back in Monday for them to work on it..i know for sure..
    any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!
    thanks
    Were those donuts at full steering wheel lock at all?

what do u mean? the steering wheel all the way turned while sliding? i would say so. it really didnt feel ruff on the car because it was loose dirt and mud. do you thing something is loose?

The others will correct me if i'm wrong, but cranking the wheel all the way to one side while sliding will break some part of your power steering. I know it's something along those lines. Most people hear and feel big knocks while turning in normal conditions driving around the city or trying to park.

This is obviously a simplified answer, but hopefully someone can clarify.

i dont hear anything while turning or doing a u turn. the car just vibrates like a mutha f***er when iam going over 60mph..

Alright then that's good sign you probably just knocked it out of alignment slightly. Getting an alignment will probably solve your problem.

ok cool... Iam just going to wash all the mud off really good and bring it in and tell them nothing about me playing around and see if they will take care of it. i just got the car no more then a month ago and have a 3 year warrenty so hopefully they will take care of it for free

haha that's a good plan

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't dodge the swear filter, let it do it's job.

More than likely you lost some wheel weights or you got some mud throwin your wheels out of balance. Take it in get it aligned good and some spin balance goin

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

awsome thanks for the advice you guys!!
    i dont understand why the car got thrown out of wack from just a few mud donuts..

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You do realize you have to clean all the mud out of the wheel or it will be unbalanced at high speed right?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    You do realize you have to clean all the mud out of the wheel or it will be unbalanced at high speed right?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    yes that was my first thought as well.. it happened to the honda when i had snow in the wheels
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Bingo! i pulled off the front wheels and there was alot of mud caked on to one of them

As stated above, locking up the steering wheel while doing donuts can ultimately break your power steering pump. When the steering wheel is turned all the way to one side, your exceeding the psi capacity of the PS system.

Donuts on snow, mud, etc. is generally hard on the AWD anyway. I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Launching the car is bad too...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.