How do I get rid of the spider in my car?!?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on How do I get rid of the spider in my car?!? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any exterminator experts in the house? A couple days a go a spider has decided to take up residence in ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Exclamation How do I get rid of the spider in my car?!?

Any exterminator experts in the house? A couple days a go a spider has decided to take up residence in my car. Every morning I am greeted with disgusting webbing across my windshield and front windows. But I haven't seen the little sucker!

I've had spiders in my car before (not fun) but I've always been able to locate and destroy. How am I going to get rid of it?!?! Is there something I can buy at the store and put into my small-space of a car? (Brief search online, couldn't find anything that I would be able to use safely in a small space.)

Glitch: Hunting down the spider and killing it myself is not an option. I am deathly afraid of spiders and afraid to drive my car.

BrianH: if you tell me to put butter in my car I'm driving to Chicago to punch you in the nuts.

HALP!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Just wait. It'll either starve or desiccate, unless it has laid eggs -- in that case it'll take longer since they can survive temporarily by preying on one another. In theory though since you are not adding a source of energy, anything there is on its way out.

Since I don't drive every car every day and since two are parked outdoors, I often see black widow spiders on the chassis here and there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Just wait. It'll either starve or desiccate, unless it has laid eggs -- in that case it'll take longer since they can survive temporarily by preying on one another. In theory though since you are not adding a source of energy, anything there is on its way out.
    So, who wants to buy a WRB stock 2002 WRX, 74,xxx miles on the odo?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Since I don't drive every car every day and since two are parked outdoors, I often see black widow spiders on the chassis here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    BrianH: if you tell me to put butter in my car I'm driving to Chicago to punch you in the nuts.
    I wasn't going to steal brian's thunder.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I had this problem for a while as well. Probably for a good 3 months it survived. Then i redid my headliner and found the lil bastard. It wasn't small either it was a pretty good size. I made him suffer for all the webbing I got in my face when getting into my car.

DONT bug bomb your car. Just search and destroy.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

So, who wants to buy a WRB stock 2002 WRX, 74,xxx miles on the odo?

Does that come with a spider discount....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Roll all the windows up and smoke a nice fatty robusto cigar. The smoke will flush out the spider.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Roll all the windows up and smoke a nice fatty robusto cigar. The smoke will flush out the spider.
    Then your car smells horrible. +1 for hot boxing but not with a cigar.

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    I had this problem for a while as well. Probably for a good 3 months it survived. Then i redid my headliner and found the lil bastard. It wasn't small either it was a pretty good size. I made him suffer for all the webbing I got in my face when getting into my car.

DONT bug bomb your car. Just search and destroy.
    I do not have the naseau-tolerance to deal with it for 3 months! And I can't wait for the bastard to find me, I'll probably crash my car!

Jusssstiiiinnnnnn!!!!!!......

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    While I love a good cigar, my car is 100% smoke free, so I don't know if the consequences would be worth it. Plus does smoke even work on spiders? Thought that was just bees....

Booooo. This thread is creating the opposite problem! It's keeping ME out of the car!

Tomorrow morning...throw a small bug into the web and wait for the spider to come and feast on it...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Tomorrow morning...throw a small bug into the web and wait for the spider to come and feast on it...
    Hmmm, sounds like a job for Justin!

Hmmm, sounds like a job for Justin!
    It seems like it should work!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

If you weren't so far away I'd send my buddy pockets over. He has some weird fetish for spiders. He used to have a black widow in a cage and used to feed it and play god. It died now its in a small vile of rubbing alchohol for preservation.... Ya he's single, and wonders why.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    If you weren't so far away I'd send my buddy pockets over. He has some weird fetish for spiders. He used to have a black widow in a cage and used to feed it and play god. It died now its in a small vile of rubbing alchohol for preservation.... Ya he's single, and wonders why.
    Well the problem with that is yes, he would most likely locate and remove the spider, but he would let it LIVE. The spider must dieeeee!!!!!!

And you have strange friends.

And you have strange friends.

Yes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.