Sensor question

This is a discussion on Sensor question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my car threw a code the other day, and i have come to find out that it is the ...

Sensor question

So my car threw a code the other day, and i have come to find out that it is the crankshaft positioning sensor, so after calling some auto parts places, i finally found a place that had one in stock. now i was pretty sure i knew where the piece was located, but after getting the new one, they look nothing alike, so does anyone know anything about this? thanks for the help
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pretty sure if I remember right it's the one right above where the crank pulley is. Here's a pic, hope it helps ya out some!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CPS.jpg  
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    So my car threw a code the other day, and i have come to find out that it is the crankshaft positioning sensor, so after calling some auto parts places, i finally found a place that had one in stock. now i was pretty sure i knew where the piece was located, but after getting the new one, they look nothing alike, so does anyone know anything about this? thanks for the help
    Use the magical interweb and look up the part # you got on the manufactures website to verify you got the right part............
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

its the right part, i did do that (great minds think alike, i just think that im worrying too much

I Support ClubWRX
    If the connector is the same and the bolt pattern is the same then I would assume if you install it maybe it would work. Thats the only way to find out.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yeah im just having trouble finding it, lol im pretty sure i know, but i could be way off, even though there is a pic on post#2 im still not for certain if my guess is correct lol