Rear passenger window not working
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear passenger window not working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I brought my 2003 WRX to a mechanic because the rear passenger window was not able to roll up however ...

Rear passenger window not working

I brought my 2003 WRX to a mechanic because the rear passenger window was not able to roll up however it was able to roll down just fine, from not only the driver switch, but also the rear passenger switch as well. The asshat told me the window motor needed replaced and wanted $200+ for part as well as $120 for labor. This is a window that I never use, so needless to say it annoyed me a bit. I decided to grab the part and do it myself. I successfully installed it in under 2 hours and found out that it still doesn't roll up. When I tried with the switch from the driver door, I noticed it went down a half inch but still wouldn't go back up. I guess it is something to do with the wiring, but I'm not sure what to look for... any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by solo_que View Post
    I brought my 2003 WRX to a mechanic because the rear passenger window was not able to roll up however it was able to roll down just fine, from not only the driver switch, but also the rear passenger switch as well. The asshat told me the window motor needed replaced and wanted $200+ for part as well as $120 for labor. This is a window that I never use, so needless to say it annoyed me a bit. I decided to grab the part and do it myself. I successfully installed it in under 2 hours and found out that it still doesn't roll up. When I tried with the switch from the driver door, I noticed it went down a half inch but still wouldn't go back up. I guess it is something to do with the wiring, but I'm not sure what to look for... any ideas?

So you can actually hear the motor working when you press up on both switches?

I didn't hear the motor doing anything. When I installed the new window motor, instead of trying to roll it up, I accidentally rolled it down and it was able to roll down a quarter inch. I'm guessing something in the wiring?

I didn't hear the motor doing anything. When I installed the new window motor, instead of trying to roll it up, I accidentally rolled it down and it was able to roll down a quarter inch. I'm guessing something in the wiring?
    I would prob check the wiring in the door jam...if the switch on the door and the master switch both don't make the motor move up this is where I would begin, perhaps you have loose/broken wires...How many miles are on the vehicle? Just as a side note I know this really doesn't pertain but have you checked all the fuses, I have seen some odd problems caused by a simple blown fuse...Try moving the wires in the door jam around while operating the switch and see if anything happens...

Ah i see. It has 96k on it now... I guess I'll check the wiring like you said, although I don't know much about the electrical aspect of the car. It's just a bit weird, I haven't seen this too much with anyone else. I really appreciate your answers, it helps me out a lot.

Ah i see. It has 96k on it now... I guess I'll check the wiring like you said, although I don't know much about the electrical aspect of the car. It's just a bit weird, I haven't seen this too much with anyone else. I really appreciate your answers, it helps me out a lot.
    No prob. man...The window motor failure is somewhat of a common problem on Subarus in general with higher mileage however its usually the D/S front window...My bet at this point is some wires are pinched somewhere...

Sorry to bump up an old thread did you ever find an answer?

As im having almost the same problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.