Lets test your abilities - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Lets test your abilities within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Sinister meh... I'd rather get a group together to go for a drive. We need to do ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    meh... I'd rather get a group together to go for a drive. We need to do that in the upcoming months
    Yes we do, we should plan it a couple weeks in advance so i can get it off work and we can get a bigger group together. Hopefully weather wont be such an issue
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Yes we do, we should plan it a couple weeks in advance so i can get it off work and we can get a bigger group together. Hopefully weather wont be such an issue
    today sort of sprung on me... I can't believe it's snowing... again.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Sinister...That was the best answer my little imagination can handle, for that you get a dollar.

Anub1s and LPPTundWRX...power steering fluid is the correct answer. One of the lines has a leak in the compression connection. Nothing major but enough that a drop or two got onto the downpipe causing the smoke. Usually i would replace with genuine subaru parts, but at $281.00 for just the hose before labor, i chose otherwise. I Have a shop that custom makes all their hoses doing it tomorow morning, should be about $150 with labor to take off and put on.

The 3 of you...im serious about the dollar, if you pm me your paypal i will send each of you a dollar. Thats a small price to pay for a few minutes of entertainment.
    Sweet. And I'll pass on the dollar, but thanks. Happy to know I am still capable of helping people out .
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

either brake fluid or slave cylinder fluid

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    i figured everyone would pass on the dollar, but had to offer. It was definitly a surprise to me (a pleasant one at that). Figured it out after about 30 minutes and was so surprised i had to see if anyone could have guessed it. Parts getting replaced in the morning, not really $150 i wanted to spend but its better a lot of the other possibilities.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12