Wet floor on the passenger side rear.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wet floor on the passenger side rear. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone had this issue and can point me in the right direction on where to look for the leak? ...

Wet floor on the passenger side rear.

Has anyone had this issue and can point me in the right direction on where to look for the leak? Right under the passenger seat is very wet as is the floor on the passenger side. We've had a lot of rain in the Northeast recently but I've never had a leak there before. Is there possibly a plug under the seat that might have rotted out? Or a drain I don't know about that might be clogged?

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks all,
    KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX
    Long Live The Bugeye Nation!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm assuming that it's not a heater core leak or you would have mentioned a strong smell of coolant. Probably not from under the seat unless someone used to have an amp under there that was screwed to the floor.

Check your door/window seals and maybe take the door card off to check for moisture inside the door. Is there no water in the foot well? Have you had your windshield replaced lately?

Hope this helps, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Definitely not coolant. And I've had the car for several years and this is the first time I've had a leak, so probably no holes or I would have seen it before. The door and window seals look good. I do notice though that when I roll down the windows after a rain they come back up wet so maybe it's the drain holes in the bottom of the door are clogged and it built up and flowed over onto the floor. I'll be going over the car thoroughly as soon as I get the chance so that will be one of the first places I look.

Thanks for at least pointing me in a direction!

KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX

Just an update.

Checked the drain holes on both passenger side doors, they are all clear. Will look into this more when I get the time.

later,
    KrustyTC
    NEW ENGLAND F4
    02 WRB WRX

I know it might sound repetitive but make sure the water drain for the Evaporator is cleared, as you prob already know when that drain is clogged than water will sop up on the P/S front carpet area...some leaks are very difficult to find, I'm currently chasing one in my Legacy where my D/S floor gets wet...Of course you could always rip out the entire interior and spray the car down with a hose and see if you see anything, however personally this would be the last resort for me...just a suggestion.... lol

I have the same problem in my 06, did you ever find out what the problem was?

I Support ClubWRX
    Windshield and cowl leaks can cause this as well.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.