Botched Gauge Install

This is a discussion on Botched Gauge Install within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all, I attempted to install my Prosport Mech Boost gauge yesterday afternoon, replacing the stock one. And I could ...

Unhappy Botched Gauge Install

Hello all,

I attempted to install my Prosport Mech Boost gauge yesterday afternoon, replacing the stock one. And I could never get it to turn on the secondary light color when you turn on your running lights. As far as I could tell there was never voltage on that wire.

And now my daytime running lights don't turn on and my running lights wont turn off. I have to pull the fuse on the inside fuse box so I don't run down my battery. I checked all the fuses and there is nothing blown. And I also disconnected the gauge. A friend told me I might have shorted a module out.

I dont know where to look from here. Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year is the vehicle? I believe some of the newer Subarus if you go cutting and splicing and such could screw things up...Which wires did you tap into?...The first computer in the car that comes to mind is the BIU...

Its an 04. It turned out to be that damn switch on the top of the steering column. What is the point of that?? And all my other symptoms have gone away. I think it was a result of pulling all the fuses to check them. Everything is running tip top now.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Its an 04. It turned out to be that damn switch on the top of the steering column. What is the point of that?? And all my other symptoms have gone away. I think it was a result of pulling all the fuses to check them. Everything is running tip top now.
    The point of that switch is to keep the parking lights on when the key is out of the ignition...I have always thought it is for off road use...I usually call it a virgin switch lol