oil on my driveway

This is a discussion on oil on my driveway within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Everytime I park the car they are 4 spots of oil forming under the engine on my driveway, any idea ...

oil on my driveway

Everytime I park the car they are 4 spots of oil forming under the engine on my driveway, any idea of what it could be?
    2005 sti

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    In order of expense:

Loose oil filter (free)
    Overused, old crush washer for oil drain plug (>$1 USD)
    Valve cover gasket(s)
    Seals

Find the leak, post a pic if you have to, and see about getting it fixed.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I am having the same issue with my 04' WRX, I believe it may be my oil pan gasket. I plan on replacing it on my next oil change. Hopefully it fixes it. I would go under the car and try to find the source of the drip or at least see where it may be coming from, a trail of oil somewhere on the undercarriage or parts.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
    I am having the same issue with my 04' WRX, I believe it may be my oil pan gasket. I plan on replacing it on my next oil change. Hopefully it fixes it. I would go under the car and try to find the source of the drip or at least see where it may be coming from, a trail of oil somewhere on the undercarriage or parts.

Dye is your friend...

Another spot to check is around and beneath the axle seals. This would appear to be coming from the engine at first glance.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'