problem with clutch...i think
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on problem with clutch...i think within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so this morning coming to work im getting off the interstate and go to downshift into 4th. thats when i ...

problem with clutch...i think

so this morning coming to work im getting off the interstate and go to downshift into 4th. thats when i noticed that i was unable to put my car into 4th gear. so i leave it in neutral and cost to the mcdonalds at the bottom of the hill. when i get it there the car is unable to shift into any gear. which makes me think thats its the clutch or that the clutch fork is broken or something, but i am no car genius and new to wrx's. any input to what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated
    bugeye mafia #311

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does the clutch pedal feel any different? Any abnormal noises? How many miles are on the vehicle? Any modifications? How is your clutch fluid? I would hop under the hood and have a peek at things first such as the slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder etc etc...

the clutch feels normal and there were no abnormal noises. the vehicle only has 72,xxx on it and there have been no mods done to the car. ill have to check the clutch fluid later tonight when i get off work
    bugeye mafia #311

You should get plenty of warning if a clutch is about to fail completely. I vote master cylinder...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

i got it to the shop this afternoon and thats what they said it was so hopefully i should have my baby back soon!
    bugeye mafia #311

Sweet! Hope that was the fix.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.