Keyfob keeps dying
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Keyfob keeps dying within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wind up replacing the battery every 3 months or so. It's very annoying. I had an Eclipse for 2 ...

Banned

Keyfob keeps dying

I wind up replacing the battery every 3 months or so. It's very annoying. I had an Eclipse for 2 years and never had to change the battery. What is the deal with the Subaru one?

Plus: Without it, when I open the door if the car is locked the damn security thing goes nuts and won't stop honking till I start the car. (speaking of security, the panic button has only ever panicked me hitting it by accident. I hate those things).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    sounds like you may need a new remote my friend.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I have an extra remote that works with my 09 wrx, it may work for other years, i don't know much about the remotes. It has unlock, and lock only. No trunk buttons. You can have it for free if you pay the shipping.

Banned
    I thought the remotes are keyed to the specific car. Your remote shouldn't work with my car, else I'd be able to open every WRX with mine.

Banned
    LPPT: How much are they through the dealer? I don't need a key, just the remote. I can call in the morning and find out, I was just curious if you knew.

Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    I thought the remotes are keyed to the specific car. Your remote shouldn't work with my car, else I'd be able to open every WRX with mine.
    Not so, Each remote has a unique number, you simply have to program the key into the car. You open up the remote and there is a sticker inside with the number, that is the unique key. You can do this yourself at home or have the dealer do it. I was just saying I don't know whether the remotes for the 08+ cars work with everything else.

If you buy one from the dealer, they will just unwrap a generic Subaru remote go over to your car and enter the key so that it will work.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.