turbo oil leak

This is a discussion on turbo oil leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2004 wrx stock. about 65k-ish miles. white smoke coming from under heat sheat, and need to know where the oi ...

turbo oil leak

2004 wrx stock. about 65k-ish miles. white smoke coming from under heat sheat, and need to know where the oi lines are. white smoke comes and goes, so i got a light leak somewhere, thanks for the help. by the way, i have no smoke coming out of tail pipe....so the leak is very small, but enough for me to have some concern.
    Last edited by phernic; 03-27-2010 at 01:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the white smoke sweet smelling

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

no, more like a fresh burning oil smell

smoke seems to come from this general area that is circled red....any suggestions? its driving me crazy, and it does it when it feels like it. mostly when im stoped, not moving. engine runs great and idles fine (sometimes, but that is another issue im trouble shooting). by the way, pic was taken when i had a spun bearing in cylinder#3, so i bought a new block. everything was going fine for about 1500miles, then that smoke started. also, oil lines and coolant lines are dry, and didnt see any liquid come out of them. this one has got me stumped.

How many miles on the turbo? I assume you already checked the turbo banjo bolt.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

65k on the turbo and heads. checked, and re-checked all liquid supply lines to turbo....thats why im stumped.
    Last edited by phernic; 03-29-2010 at 02:22 PM.

did you check the Valve cover?

havent checkd the heads yet, going to do it this weekend. gonna lift the car and check near the up pipe. it seems like its not coming from the uppipe but near the downpipe and turbo. as i was feeling around the DP, i felt some green grease on the chasis right below the DP in front of the axle. it didnt smell like coolant, but it was green grease. anyone know what that is? will keep yall updated and see if anyone might have the same problem.