Power Steering Flush - BG products?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Power Steering Flush - BG products? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, Last time I was at the Subbie dealership they said I needed a power steering flush. The guy quoted ...

Question Power Steering Flush - BG products?

Hey,
    Last time I was at the Subbie dealership they said I needed a power steering flush. The guy quoted me $135.00 for the work. I didn't do it at the time since I didn't have the cash.

Anyways, I went by a local shop (I figured they might be cheaper) and I asked them for a quote and they said $125.00 and they stated they use BG products. Has anyone used BG products? I search this forum and didn't see a reference to power steering and BG products.

I'm kinda feeling for the extra $10 I'll likely just go with the dealer...
    Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DorBink View Post
    Hey,
    Last time I was at the Subbie dealership they said I needed a power steering flush. The guy quoted me $135.00 for the work. I didn't do it at the time since I didn't have the cash.

Anyways, I went by a local shop (I figured they might be cheaper) and I asked them for a quote and they said $125.00 and they stated they use BG products. Has anyone used BG products? I search this forum and didn't see a reference to power steering and BG products.

I'm kinda feeling for the extra $10 I'll likely just go with the dealer...
    Thoughts?

We actually had BG come in a few months back and do a demonstration for us...We ended up using there trans flush machine and just yesterday got there brake flush and engine flush machine...I can say BG is prob. one of the most respected names in the business and I have used there products before. As many people know the Power steering system is one of the most neglected systems on the car until there is a failure...Whats good is the Power steering flush machine actually gets ALL or almost ALL the fluid out and replaces it with new...The way I look at it is this....Many of us dont have a problem doing a mod to our Subies why skip on the preventative maintenence? Oh and I do work for a Subaru dealer...yes we use BG

Cool. That about summed it up for me. I'm all about preventative maintenance. The more I dig around my car the more I find the last guy wasn't as thorough as he claimed.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by DorBink View Post
    Cool. That about summed it up for me. I'm all about preventative maintenance. The more I dig around my car the more I find the last guy wasn't as thorough as he claimed.
    Thanks for the info.
    No prob man... I def agree with you on that there are some "hack" techs out there...Every Subaru (well every car in general) I work on I know I have the chance to hurt/kill someone if something isn't properly done (depending on the job of course ), Personally I take great care in doing the job. ( I realize that might sound a bit arrogant)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.