spark plug questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on spark plug questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Pavia No, I understand. Order online if you can't get local Yeah it runs good and everything ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    No, I understand.

Order online if you can't get local
    Yeah it runs good and everything it just seems kinda sluggish accelerating in 2nd... I think it might be cause of the plugs or cause I bought it at a dealership and they did an oil change on it and I'm not sure if they just put regular oil in it instead of synthetic... but other times it seems like it has all of its power but sometimes it seem like it boggs down it could just be some of my shifts cause I'm still getting used to its weird gearbox... these cars seem like they are really finnikey about anything really small I've noticed...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Though Coppers need to be changed quite often so I think I may give them 1 more shot.
    How many miles have you been getting from coppers?
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah it runs good and everything it just seems kinda sluggish accelerating in 2nd... I think it might be cause of the plugs or cause I bought it at a dealership and they did an oil change on it and I'm not sure if they just put regular oil in it instead of synthetic... but other times it seems like it has all of its power but sometimes it seem like it boggs down it could just be some of my shifts cause I'm still getting used to its weird gearbox... these cars seem like they are really finnikey about anything really small I've noticed...
    It's the plugs...

oil doesn't matter, Subaru doesn't mandate synthetic for their cars (yet).
    Last edited by Pavia; 03-27-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Did anybody read my post below? The plugs the wrx and sti come with are NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs. Get those. You don't have to gap them. They are the best for your Subi. Iridium plugs require less power than any other plug making you ignition system more efficient.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    how many miles have you been getting from coppers?

It's the plugs...

ohh really? i thought that if you had a forced induction car it was required to use synthetic oil... i no its better but is it really that much better then regular oil? and what about synthetic blend?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    ohh really? i thought that if you had a forced induction car it was required to use synthetic oil... i no its better but is it really that much better then regular oil? and what about synthetic blend?
    I usually don't use synthetic. The only real advantage to me is that it lasts longer.

And no, your car doesn't require it.

The owner's manual is a pretty good reference for all this, from plugs to oil. I would go with that, instead of asking the autostore folks.

A lot of us use synthetic here, for many reasons, but it's certainly not required. Especially if you change your oil every 3,750 miles (as per new SOA TSB).
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

spark plgs

thanks everybody i gapped my plugs properly and ive got my boost back,i was getting worried for a while there

oil

It's the plugs...

here in south africa the agents do use synthetic otherwise you loose your warranty. the oil they use here is mobil one which is fully synthetic and can withstand more heat as well as last longer. i use castrol edge 10w60 and am verry happy with it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel79 View Post
    They are the best for your Subi. Iridium plugs require less power than any other plug making you ignition system more efficient.
    Copper requires the least amount of voltage,not iridium. Copper is a better conductor than iridium or platinum.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12