I'm retarded - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I'm retarded within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i checked my supplier for you ED cuz i could have ups it to you but they dont carry it ...

Banned
    i checked my supplier for you ED cuz i could have ups it to you but they dont carry it yet..the mirror fits from 08 up so check around before you do the dealer thing there a rip off

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanks blazed, but the dealer quoted about $180 for the parts. I looked online at some OEM retailers and its around the same price. Plus I had a $200 credit from that dealership which I was going to use for a factory crossbar, but now will be going towards this part.

The service dept did say that labor was going to cost about $180 so I don't know if is a simple install. I'll post pic of the damage.

thanks

Here are the pictures:

the color piece is okay

Banned
    180 for 20 min of work..if you were in philly i would charge you 40 for the labor on top of the price of the mirror..hardest part of the install is getting the door panel off..180 christ that in the ars with no lube

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at it this way: if that's the worst you ever do to a car, that's pretty good.

Moving to General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

hey blazed, is the door panel piece removed by popping it off or the three screws on the bottom of the assembly unit?

Quote Originally Posted by ed1981 View Post
    thanks blazed, but the dealer quoted about $180 for the parts. I looked online at some OEM retailers and its around the same price. Plus I had a $200 credit from that dealership which I was going to use for a factory crossbar, but now will be going towards this part.

The service dept did say that labor was going to cost about $180 so I don't know if is a simple install. I'll post pic of the damage.

thanks
    Yeah just get the part with your credit and fix it youself it can't be that hard dealership labor is always over what it accually is so they make money I've replaced side mirrors b4 and it only took like 30 minutes...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Banned
    the panel pops off with clips..there could be screws that hold stuff on like the handle pocket and switches..usley under the switches there is a bolt to a bracket for stiffness...then wehn you get in there theres a plastic sheet the size of the door that is held on with realy sticky glue..its for sound proofing

Ooo I have 2 stories to share.

1. I used to live in Scotland. I was going about 50 mph on a country road around a corner. There was another car coming from the other direction. Neither of us let up and we clipped our side view mirrors. Mine snapped back into my driver side window. I saw out of the corner of my eye the back side of it explode with plastic bits every where. My wife was in the car and got pretty pissed of at me for driving like an idiot.

2. 2 weeks after getting my Rex my wife opened her truck door into my driver side passenger door.... nice dent and scratch she made. At least it wasn't a brand new car but I was still pretty mad about it.

The side view mirror will cost you for sure. If it was an older car i'd say go look at a pick your part place for a cheaper used part. Not likely to find an 2010 at a pick your part.

Quote Originally Posted by DorBink View Post
    The side view mirror will cost you for sure. If it was an older car i'd say go look at a pick your part place for a cheaper used part. Not likely to find an 2010 at a pick your part.
    yeah if you were lucky enough to find a wrx @ the junk yard it would be picked clean with the quickness!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12