Thought my Boost Gauge was broken

This is a discussion on Thought my Boost Gauge was broken within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After driving my new car around for nearly a week I decided that my boost gauge wasn't working properly. It ...

Thought my Boost Gauge was broken

After driving my new car around for nearly a week I decided that my boost gauge wasn't working properly. It almost always showed a vacuum. I had to stomp on the throttle to get the darn needle up over zero. Even then, I think 4 or 5 psi was the best I could do. The dealership had installed the gauge for me, and I decided there must be a vacuum leak or a kink in the line.

I figured out what the real problem was on my way back to the dealership.

I hadn't gotten around to playing with the "SI Drive" controller yet. The SI Drive has three different modes or profiles: I for intelligent, S for Sport, and S# for ?. Up until this point I was pretty impressed with the power and performance of my little black car! Imagine my excitement when I dialed up the "S#" setting on the SI Drive.

It fixed my boost gauge right there! LOL. Needle jumped right up to 15psi while I was pushed back into the seat, listening to the turbo make this beautiful sound!

I'm liking "S#".

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't you love those moments?
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

S# = Sport Sharp
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

So you have an STi? I work as a valet when I'm not in class and it's really fun on some of the newer cars that switch into a sport mode - you can feel a night and day difference in the car.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee