Exhaust smell in car

This is a discussion on Exhaust smell in car within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone noticed an exhaust smell inside their 2008-2010 Wrx? I noticed when i'm parked and idling I can smell ...

Exhaust smell in car

Has anyone noticed an exhaust smell inside their 2008-2010 Wrx? I noticed when i'm parked and idling I can smell it. Car is stock with 7,000 miles on it. Wondering if there is a TSB out on this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kanphs View Post
    Has anyone noticed an exhaust smell inside their 2008-2010 Wrx? I noticed when i'm parked and idling I can smell it. Car is stock with 7,000 miles on it. Wondering if there is a TSB out on this.
    I checked STIS for you and I couldnt see any current TSB's related to your concern, however I will say this...Sometimes the insulation in the header between the heatshield and the exhaust pipe itself smells a tad..also when they ship the Impreza's from overseas they spray rust inhibitor on the underbody of the vehicle and a tad might get on the exhaust so you might smell a tad of that...thats all I can think of at the moment...Of course it should be still under warranty I would bring it to the dealer if your truly concerned...