new to site. have a fiew questions about check engine light

This is a discussion on new to site. have a fiew questions about check engine light within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys. im new to this website and dont really know what it is that im doing. ive got a ...

hey guys.

im new to this website and dont really know what it is that im doing. ive got a couple questions about a code i had pop up in my car. where and how should i get this info? your help is much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by phernic View Post
    evoeatr,

what was the diagnose with that 420 code. just asking bcs maybe i can do some trial and error in the mean time while i save up some cash to get it checked.

Well believe it or not Subaru has actually sent me to online classes for the SDS notebook and basically the entire diag is performed with the SDS notebook and the select monitor and recording live data readings from the A/F,o2, and ECT sensors...We have to do this for certain warranty claims or subaru will reject the claim...

Quote Originally Posted by sasksti View Post
    hey guys.

im new to this website and dont really know what it is that im doing. ive got a couple questions about a code i had pop up in my car. where and how should i get this info? your help is much appreciated.
    Hey bud Welcome to ClubWRX...There is TONS of information and intelligent people on here.first and foremost the SEARCH function is your friend......You could start a new thread on the code you have or if you would like ( I know its kind of a thread jack) post it up here and I and perhaps others will do our best to assist you in making the proper diag. or give insight into the code...

Thumbs up questions about a check engine light.

hey guys

im new to this site and i got some questions about a check engine light.

yeah man i dont have the code written down but it is the secondary air injection system pump sticks on. thats what the code reader says. it only happens every once and a while when i first start the car. then goes away. i can hear it at first, but like i said it goes away. just wanna know where to start to get the problem solved

Hey, im new to the site and i have a fiew questions about a check engine light. Any help would be much appreciated. Now that i know how to start a new thread.

If you're like me and you don't have a fancy code reader go to your local parts store and see if they can read it for free.

Hope it's nothing serious
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph

yeah man i dont have the code written down but it is the secondary air injection system pump sticks on. thats what the code reader says. it only happens every once and a while when i first start the car. then goes away. i can hear it at first, but like i said it goes away. just wanna know where to start to get the problem solved
    Def find out the exact code and post it...if all else fails there might be a flow chart for the code....

hey guys

im new to this site and i got some questions about a check engine light.
    You kinda need to give us a bit more to go on than that...

First thing is first, this thread doesn't get much attention because it is one thread in a smaller subforum.

Create your own thread in "Everyday Impreza Talk" or preferably within "Engine Modifications" that way you get some engine specific replies and users looking.

Second...tell us what you drive and what modifications if any. This could be a key piece of info to why a code is coming up. We don't have ESPN

Third...tell us the code...we aren't directly plugged into your OBDII port

Fourth...codes are posted all the time. Perhaps running a quick forum search will yield faster results for you as opposed to waiting for a reply.

Fifth...jump into the New Member Hangout thread and introduce yourself...post up your car/pics/info, whatever you'd like. You'll get a great welcoming!

Otherwise welcome to the club!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club

Please don't post the identical questions in multiple sections/threads/etc.

I have moved them all here as well as the replies to simplify things.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links: