I'm having trouble with my 02 rex
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I'm having trouble with my 02 rex within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My mods are K&N typhoon intake i have had it 3 years never had a problem Invidia TBE. Cobb accessport ...

I'm having trouble with my 02 rex

My mods are K&N typhoon intake i have had it 3 years never had a problem Invidia TBE. Cobb accessport stage 2 map have had it since August of last year everything was fine until a week ago. I was driving and i gunned it and it seemed to bog down at 5k. I checked the accessport and the codes were Tumble generator valve stuck open, Cylinder 2 misfire, Cylinder 3 misfire, Cylinder 4 misfire. The car runs completely fine until you want to give it a good bit of gas. I changed the plugs and coils. The wires seemed fine to me i wouldn't think that 3 cylinders would misfire. So i am lost. If anyone has any ideas it would greatly be appreciated. No smoke from the engine or any kind of smoke runs great until you really give it gas. It could be an injector i am still running stock injectors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would prob. clear the codes and see which ones come back first...than go from there...I'm thinking if all those codes came up at once than you have one problem affecting all of them...

The codes didn't come up all at once. The tumbler valve has been there for awhile but i read that it wouldn't hurt anything being stuck open. But i am getting it fixed anyhow. I am thinking its an injector problem but i could be wrong. I already put plugs and coils on and was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by angelusrule01 View Post
    The codes didn't come up all at once. The tumbler valve has been there for awhile but i read that it wouldn't hurt anything being stuck open. But i am getting it fixed anyhow. I am thinking its an injector problem but i could be wrong. I already put plugs and coils on and was wrong.
    I'm thinking you might have a fuel flow problem or a timing problem or perhaps a vacuum leak...I have seen this...There are two large connectors right behind the battery on the drivers side..these control basically every electrical componant on and connected to the intake manifold..I've seen pins back out of these connectors before on WRX's and STI's and they can cause some odd problems such as no starts, throwing random codes etc etc...I would check these pin outs also...How many miles are on the vehicle?

I have 80k miles on it. It is strange that it only happens at 3/4 to full throttle. I think its a fuel issue idk though.

air filter

EDIT: scratch my reply... somehow missed everything you said about the codes. Me + Reading = FAIL.
    Last edited by wait3; 03-22-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    Stage 2 MY03 Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.