OBDII codes

This is a discussion on OBDII codes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; P0301, and P0303 codes just stopped by and said hello, also, the CEL is not flashing. 2004 wrx completly stock. ...

OBDII codes

P0301, and P0303 codes just stopped by and said hello, also, the CEL is not flashing. 2004 wrx completly stock. just installed new block and only has 1,650 miles on it. any suggestions?
    Last edited by phernic; 03-21-2010 at 07:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you notice when the CEL came on? Since the light isn't flashing it's a stored code from when it happened initially and not currently failing. I got a P030X (I don't remember exactly which cylinder it happened on) code on a cold start one time that turned out to be a one-team deal. Resetting the PCM cleared it and it hasn't come back in 40k+ miles.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

could jjust be a false code
    2002 WRX--Stage 4
    Tuned by TurboXS

Quote Originally Posted by phernic View Post
    P0301, and P0303 codes just stopped by and said hello, also, the CEL is not flashing. 2004 wrx completly stock. just installed new block and only has 1,650 miles on it. any suggestions?
    Do you feel the car actually missing or any lack of power/other drive ability concerns? If not personally I would just clear the codes and see if they come back....Than we can dive into the basics first such as plugs, coils, injectors etc etc...Was there anything done with the heads when the new block was installed? Where did you have the work done? If you have any warranty I would bring it back to them and have them take care of it fore obviously there's no sense in spending time on something you don't have to...

cleared codes, and motor seems to be doing just fine. Engine doesnt buckle under acceleration or stumble at all after codes were erased. engine did buckle alittle before codes showed up, but now everything seems fine. the only code i know will show up again is that damn P0420, but i can put up with it in the mean time (meaning, till i have money to fix it). did the work myself evoeatr, along with a buddy of mine (former subaru mech). Will see keep yall updated and see what happens. Thanks for the info guys!

cleared codes, and motor seems to be doing just fine. Engine doesnt buckle under acceleration or stumble at all after codes were erased. engine did buckle alittle before codes showed up, but now everything seems fine. the only code i know will show up again is that damn P0420, but i can put up with it in the mean time (meaning, till i have money to fix it). did the work myself evoeatr, along with a buddy of mine (former subaru mech). Will see keep yall updated and see what happens. Thanks for the info guys!
    Ah fellow subaru tech ... Yeah its a shame those cat conv. are so damn expensive...I diagnosed one the other day and the part alone was I believe $1200...and the mark up is minimal...

$1200! thats a lot of overtime!

$1200! thats a lot of overtime!
    Yeah man...and I dont know how it is down there but up here in PA it is "illegal" for salvage yards to sell them...

evoeatr,

what was the diagnose with that 420 code. just asking bcs maybe i can do some trial and error in the mean time while i save up some cash to get it checked.