help!! locked keys in car
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help!! locked keys in car within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; in a rush when i got home i hit the door lock to open the back door to get something. ...

help!! locked keys in car

in a rush when i got home i hit the door lock to open the back door to get something. shut the door and whamo hit lock rather than unlock. now key is inside. any pointers? or just goto town with a coat hanger.

thanks,

05 sti
    05 sti / borla xr1 catback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The locksmith is the easiest way to get them out. It'll cost ya a few bucks but worth it imo. I'd rather have a pro do it than mess up the glass, seals or something in the interior with a hanger.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

yup, shoulda called. pryd the window back and have 7 little py indents on the roof now. ugg, just a car though.

shoulda called. got my keys but have 7 small pry indents along the roof now to remind me to not do it again.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's one thing about cars with remotes, ONLY use that to close up the car. Never manually lock the car. That way you have to have your keys on your in order to do it.

And Subaru alarms don't arm without the remote anyways to my knowledge.

Funny story: I had to break into an old friend's car 3 times due to locking keys in. I used the car's own unscrewable antenna to do it.
    Last edited by brfatal; 03-20-2010 at 01:13 PM.

I had to smash a window to get into one of my trucks before. I was alone, out of cell range at about 64 degrees N latitude in the dead of winter. First I tried my fist, that hurt, then my elbow, that really hurt, then I remembered I had a 2x6 in the bed.

Lesson? Carry a 2x6.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

i had a scary experience not long ago... it was my first winter with my car, and this is the first car i've ever had with a remote start... apparently after 15 minutes running on the remote start the car shuts off AND LOCKS THE DOORS, no one ever told me this

long story short i put my keys on the driver seat and my not even 2 year old daughter in the baby seat and closed the doors to clean the snow off the car... car shuts off and locks the doors, i realize my only other car key is in the house which is locked and the only key anyone has to my house is in the locked car... first reaction "wheres a big rock to break the window" but then i stopped to think..

I ended up using the snow brushes ice scraper end to pry the back window far enough away from the roof to slip my arm in and unlock the door, man are these cars ever easy to break into thanks to frameless doors!!! i did no damage to anything whatsoever too, window still goes down perfectly and everything

i learned my lesson though

-Alex
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.