cpu upgrade?

This is a discussion on cpu upgrade? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i took my car into the dealership to schedule appointmen for fuel rail problem and was asking about the hesitation ...

cpu upgrade?

i took my car into the dealership to schedule appointmen for fuel rail problem and was asking about the hesitation at around 4 to 6 rpms and he said it was probably that it needed a cpu upgrade is this true or is that a salesperson talking to me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wait, a salesman said this or a service adviser? Interesting that a dealership tells you that the fix involves modification.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You mean ECU upgrade? What year is it? If you're having a fuel rail problem, I'd fix that first and see if that was the issue. Reset the ECU, go through the learning process, see if it's any better.

What is the supposed fuel rail problem anyways?

Also, I highly, highly doubt that any technician would advise aftermarket tuning.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't see any definitive statement about anything aftermarket though. There were at least two models, one very early and one relatively recent, that had formal reflashes issued by SOA. Maybe the OP owns one of those.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.