02 Rod Bearing Out after valves replaced

This is a discussion on 02 Rod Bearing Out after valves replaced within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had bought this wrx about 7 months ago and i have already had to replace the catalytic converter, 2 ...

02 Rod Bearing Out after valves replaced

I had bought this wrx about 7 months ago and i have already had to replace the catalytic converter, 2 coil packs (1st event), then the timing belt flew off and bent the valves and had that repaired by the Subaru used auto salesmen (2nd event) and after he had it for a month, my rod bearings are gone only 1 month after the car was "fixed". i have no clue what to do now and had nothing but problems since i bought this car. The warranty ran out two days after the 2nd event occured, is this a lemon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It could simply have not been maintained correctly and/or modified with unauthorized parts. Without a history on the car it's hard to say. Post in your regional forum for a shop recommendation near you, as at the very least you could use a good second opinion.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.