what kind of brake pads and rotors should i get?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what kind of brake pads and rotors should i get? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i need to change replace the brake pads and rotors on my 04' wrx, is there a specific brand that ...

what kind of brake pads and rotors should i get?

i need to change replace the brake pads and rotors on my 04' wrx, is there a specific brand that anyone can recommend or does it not matter? im not trying to spend to much money but i also dont want to get something cheap and unreliable. if anyone can recommend anything that would be great. thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If I were trying to do brakes economically while still modding: blank rotors, street performance pads (e.g., Hawk HPS, Axxis Ultimates, Carbotechs), and good brake fluid.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thanks a lot for the suggestions! although my friend and i were checking out my brakes today and the rotors and pads are fine... which makes me wonder why my mechanic would tell me i need knew ones. when im driving i can feel that the brakes feel a little weak, and i have to push the brake pretty far down just to make it stop. it doesnt really make a screeching noise, but sometimes it has a slight squeal, doesnt sound to serious. my car has plenty of brake fluid, and the pedal is adjusted fine. but does this sound normal? has this happened to anyone else with an '04, or any wrx for that matter?

Subaru WRX 1/2003 2004 2005 Brake Rotors and Pads F+R : eBay Motors (item 390177931833 end time May-01-10 15:46:37 PDT)

ignore the Ebay aspect. i got these in May of 2006 and i am now finally down to the point where they need to be replaced.

for the price the quality is great, they stop terrifically, don't make any noise and have taken every bit of hard braking i have given them.

mintex pads

awesome pads at a realistic price

I Support ClubWRX
    I have:
    DBA 4000xs Rotors
    Ferodo 2500 Pads
    Goodrich Lines
    Elf Dot 4+ Fluid

And... I have a grin on my face when I'm driving hard in the mountains... not a hint of brake fade.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cheap out on rotors, not on pads.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.