02 wrx rear diff

This is a discussion on 02 wrx rear diff within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; changing the fluid on my rear diff. do i need to get limited slip fluid for a 02 wrx rear ...

02 wrx rear diff FLUID?

changing the fluid on my rear diff. do i need to get limited slip fluid for a 02 wrx rear diff or will regular 75w90 syn work
    thank you
    Last edited by 02wrxnickb; 03-19-2010 at 10:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We use Valvoline 75w90 in all of our Subaru rear diffs. and gearboxes...

does anybody run redline heavy duty shock proof gear oil in there rear diff? I also want to run redline 75w90 NS. good stuff?
    yes... no..?
    Thank you

personally I have never ran red-line products in a rear differential before but I ran their syncro mesh and transmission fluid and I just loved it, I use to grind at high speed shifts from 4th to 5th at 89K on the car and now at 134K she still takes shifts right near redline 6,800. I don't do this often find you. and I tend to baby my car due to the fact that she is showing signs of a weak tranny. So in short I personally love and trust Redline oil products, and if you have a kind you know you can run in your diffs which I believe is the same as our tranny fluid (not sure though, haven't had to do much work on my car recently)

Best of luck in your research.
    96 Mustang: Shorty Headers, X-pipe, Electronic cut out, Air silencer Delete, K&N air filter, really sticky tires
    (14.32 @ 96.7mph)

02 bugeye: exedy oem clutch, kybAGX struts, momo short-throw shifter, steel braided brake lines, stoptech rotors and stock rims (the 17inch wheel just weighed too much), 14.232 @ 94.75mph