evap canister removal ??? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on evap canister removal ??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ClubWRX OG visiting back... I was perturbed when I found this thread while searching google for how to remove the ...

ClubWRX OG visiting back...

I was perturbed when I found this thread while searching google for how to remove the evap canister.

I've got to say I agree with the (now banned) OP. He asked how to remove it, not whether or not you feel it is logical to do so. Quite frankly, I don't care whether you think anything I, or another owner, does is "logical."

Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    Weight reduction? 3 lbs? (better off switching to light lugs) I can't find a logical reason at all.

You should start a progress thread on your build.
    Jeremy's post was quite literally the only one that addressed the question, while also explaining why you might not want to make the modification. Thank you for that.
    Last edited by CKxx; 05-31-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    I created my avatar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The only perk to this mod is a 3lb weight loss...
    If this is on your DD then your cel will come on and it is illeagle to drive on the road cause you are tampering with your emm. System...
    If your that concerned with weight loss look into other areas, the means dosent add up to the benefitts...

As far as the OP is concerned, he was very out of line calling people "****ing idiots", when they were just trying to understand and help him...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Is this think seriously 3lbs? I had mine off when I sprayed the bottom of my car during the color change and I could of thought it was maybe a pound or so..

But seriously.. Removing 3lbs can be as simple as taking out your spare, Jack and tools..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Is this think seriously 3lbs? I had mine off when I sprayed the bottom of my car during the color change and I could of thought it was maybe a pound or so..

But seriously.. Removing 3lbs can be as simple as taking out your spare, Jack and tools..
    +1
    And you can also leave you gas level at half way too... a gallon on gas weighs about 10lbs X that by 8.5 and its aprox 80lb savings...
    You can also remove the AC for about 100lbs too...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Banned
    Bumping way old thread because I too want to delete everything.

My reasons-

1. Engine bay clutter
    2. Evap systems pumps heptane (I think) back into the inlet. It's bad for the motor, detention, gumming stuff up etc. If you google search you'll find out more. I know this for a fact because my inlet was only on a month or so. I have no hoses going to my inlet besides the 3-port return and evap return, all other deleted. My inlet coupling had a lot of black very sticky crap all over it. After searching that's what I found out and the negative results from keeping it. If I got gum after 1000-3000 miles imagine a life time!

Others can add
    3. Weight savings
    4. Less headaches and things to go wrong etc.

The gas tank needs to breath and running a hose will force a loss of fuel not wanted. I'm trying to figure out if you can leave everything but just disconnect the inlet return, or get a one way check valve so when the pressure gets high enough it will open but without tank pressure it will stay shut saving fuel, or running the vent to a charcoal can and then running to atmos so at least some vapors can be caught or filtered if you will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.