PO171 Code
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PO171 Code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 WRX and Check Engine Light is on. Code P0171 is showing up and I have already ...

PO171 Code

I have an 02 WRX and Check Engine Light is on. Code P0171 is showing up and I have already cleaned the Sensor on my Intake. Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here is a thread hope this helps.
    P0171 Engine Code - NASIOC

Mods?

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's a system too lean code. Check for vacuum leaks, fuel pressure regulator hose, and if you have a BOV it'll throw that code if it's not tuned for it. Good luck!
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

ok thanks. Ya this is my first subie and first car really worth tuning so I am a little new to it. I do have a BOV. I have noticed that when shifting gears around 3500 RPM the RPM's will continue to rise for a sec. Also the BOV is not as responsive as it used to be. Could this all be linked together?

same here this is my first tunable car. its possible if the bov is tuned wrong. what kind do you have depending on what you have you could just turn the top or replace a spring, but you can just google what bov you have and find what you need to do pretty easy.

ya I took it to subaru dealership and they said my BOV is leaking air into my system causing the p0171 code. I have a GFB BOV on it right now. I would love to replace the spring, but its looking like I may need to replace it. Any suggestions on what BOV i should get? Should I stay with the Go Fast Bit? Or move on to one like Greddy or something?

I Support ClubWRX
    Why not use the correct part from Subaru? It will not generate an intake leak.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well I already have Emissions set up to have a BOV. Can I just use the factory part? Because I asked the mechanic and he said that I should just stick with getting another BOV because my car is tuned for one already

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jraney2008 View Post
    Well I already have Emissions set up to have a BOV. Can I just use the factory part? Because I asked the mechanic and he said that I should just stick with getting another BOV because my car is tuned for one already
    Sorry I don't follow. What do you mean by emissions? How is the car tuned for a BOV? Does the car use a MAF sensor?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ok sorry, my wording may be wrong. This is my first car that I have actually had interest in tuning. So I am very new to it. But I was told that going back to the stock By Pass Valve would be a bad idea because my WRX was tuned with a BOV on? And yes it does have a MAF sensor

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.