Just changed my sparkplugs and now i bog when i floor it
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just changed my sparkplugs and now i bog when i floor it within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA???I BOUGHT NGK IRIDIUM IX SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACED THEM MYSELF. BUT NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M ...

Just changed my sparkplugs and now i bog when i floor it

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA???I BOUGHT NGK IRIDIUM IX SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACED THEM MYSELF. BUT NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M BACKFIRING WHEN I FLOOR IT.IF I ACCELERATE MODERATELY THE TURBO SPOOLS STILL AND IT PICK UP. THIS JUST HAPPENS WHEN I FLOOR IT. HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drew_ladue View Post
    ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA???I BOUGHT NGK IRIDIUM IX SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACED THEM MYSELF. BUT NOW IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M BACKFIRING WHEN I FLOOR IT.IF I ACCELERATE MODERATELY THE TURBO SPOOLS STILL AND IT PICK UP. THIS JUST HAPPENS WHEN I FLOOR IT. HELP!
    Are they gapped correctly? Are they the right ones for your mods? do you have any mods?

did you get all the plugs in properly and tight? did you get the packs bolted down tight? Did you remove intercooler, clamps tight? any cels? could be any number of things.
    One industrial accident away from financial freedom!

Blobeye Syndicate #215

I tightened everything down 10 fold but making sure not to over torque. I didnt remove my intercooler. The only think i had to move was my intake.by the way i have a perrin short ram intake and an hsk exhaust. Those are the only mods. I was told by the guys at the auto shot that iridium spark plugididnt have to be gaped.is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by drew_ladue View Post
    I tightened everything down 10 fold but making sure not to over torque. I didnt remove my intercooler. The only think i had to move was my intake.by the way i have a perrin short ram intake and an hsk exhaust. Those are the only mods. I was told by the guys at the auto shot that iridium spark plugididnt have to be gaped.is this true?
    All plugs gap should be checked before you put them in, if someone happened to drop one it could mess with your engine. I'd pull them out just to be sure that's not the issue. But like said below, it could be a number of issues. Did you tighten your MAF back down after your removed your intake?
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.