2010 wrx surging in 2nd and 3rd gear

This is a discussion on 2010 wrx surging in 2nd and 3rd gear within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2010 wrx hatch and I am VERY pleased with the car. I just got out of ...

2010 wrx surging in 2nd and 3rd gear

I just bought a 2010 wrx hatch and I am VERY pleased with the car. I just got out of the break in period so I've been opening it up a bit more, and its a real joy to drive.

One thing that I've noticed though, is that the car surges in 2nd and 3rd gear when just cruising 20-30 mph 1.8k-2.2k RPM(no acceleration)

-- IF I accelerate then all is well, but if I'm just cruising down the street only applying enough gas to maintain the current speed -- OR releasing the gas (after cruising) -- it will sometimes surge/jerk front to back like something is slipping.
    Its not significant enough to hurt my neck, but it is enough to be annoying.
    It feels like I was cruising at 30mph then pressed the clutch in all the way then released it too quickly. (I am not touching the clutch at all)

What is this?!

4th and 5th gears seem to be fine.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide! I'm thinking of taking it in to the dealer but want to be informed before I go!

Thanks,
    Krytos
    Last edited by Krytos; 03-11-2010 at 03:17 PM.