Alright, dunno were to start but i think i'll start with a mod list, then try to describe my problem and what ive done so far with no gains.
IHI VF34 Turbo
EcuteK tuned ECU
3" downpipe with a racecat followed by a 666 evilpipe catback exhaust.
255l/h walbro pump.
GFB hybrid BOV
Green cotton panel filter.
1 step colder sparkplugs.
The story is, ive had this car for quite a while and it has always peaked at 1,4 bars of boost and then settled at 1,35 bar. But since like 6 or 7 weeks ago it peaks at only 0,6-0,7 bar of boost? BUT, when i pull the hose from the wastegate acutator i'll hit boost pretty quick, have been very carefull here but have been up to 1,2 bar a few times. Engine runs like normal except for the boost, no misses or what so ever.
Ive done this so far in the order i'll stack em up:
- Changed the boost controll solenoid. No difference here.
- Changed all vac-lines, and yes i put the restrictor pill into the new line, and yes, it the right line to also changed the T at the same point.
- Battery went out over the night (2 times)
- Borrowed the MAF and the MAP-sensor from a friend who is also owning a 2004 WRX. No difference.
- Removed intercooler and checked all hoses and reinstalled.
- Leak tested trough the inlet of the turbo all the way to the intake were the intercooler attaches to the throttlebody (steady 1,5 bar here and no signs of leaks).
- Pressure tested the acutator, seems like it looks good to me, not stuck and open and closes as it should
- Soldered a 12v lightbulb into the wires running to the boost solenoid, had it in front of my eyes while driving and the signal seems ok, light is pulsing.
- Put a clean vac-line directly from the compressorhousing to the acutator (without pill) and boost peaks at 0,3 bar. Had the solenoid still connected but lines were plugged.
- Also tried to do the EcuteK boost map switch to see if that was enabled it the ecu, it was not. (ignition on, full throttle and press rear window heater to on)
Have talked to my EcuTek tuner to and he keeps saying that the ecu has to be ok. Its like 6 hours of traveling to get there so we been trying to solve this over phone.
Im running out of ideas, only thing i have left to do, i think, is to bring the downpipe down to see if the wastegate flap is still there and if its sealing. Will do this next weekend.
Tips and tricks are more than welcome!!