Low Boost Issues on 2004 WRX - Experts help needed here - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Low Boost Issues on 2004 WRX - Experts help needed here within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Myzkoo Hmm, well, i will have a look at my gauge, but something has to be wrong ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzkoo View Post
    Hmm, well, i will have a look at my gauge, but something has to be wrong as the car feels alot slower. Will change back to the stock wastegate and log again and see what it reads.

There was some kind of option in the software that showed knocksensor (i guess correction?). but it only showed on/off. And it was reading "off" all the time.
    It is too fast to see on/off unless you can log the sum of the sensor. It is more important if the car is pulling timing or not. The IAM may be down (which pulls timing and eventually boost) or it may be pulling it out of knock correction. Still shouldn't feel NA though and you should hear something if it is that bad.

Maybe you just got used to the power level of the car - is there a NA impreza you could take a ride in?

RomRaider • View topic - Subaru's knock control strategy explained
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    It is too fast to see on/off unless you can log the sum of the sensor. It is more important if the car is pulling timing or not. The IAM may be down (which pulls timing and eventually boost) or it may be pulling it out of knock correction. Still shouldn't feel NA though and you should hear something if it is that bad.

Maybe you just got used to the power level of the car - is there a NA impreza you could take a ride in?

RomRaider • View topic - Subaru's knock control strategy explained
    Alright, hehe i had a Corvette C5 before this one for 2 years, and didnt get used to the power in that one i doubt i have got used to it, atleast i hope i havent!

Called a friend 1 min ago and he will bring is -98 impreza gt wich is running 1.0 bar stable boost. So we will put my boost gauge in his car and se if we get the same reading as his gauge. Will get back in 30 mins
    Last edited by Myzkoo; 04-01-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzkoo View Post
    Alright, hehe i had a Corvette C5 before this one for 2 years, and didnt get used to the power in that one i doubt i have got used to it, atleast i hope i havent!

Called a friend 1 min ago and he will bring is -98 impreza gt wich is running 1.0 bar stable boost. So we will put my boost gauge in his car and se if we get the same reading as his gauge. Will get back in 30 mins
    If it reads the same it still could be a leak in the connections etc. if you only swap the gauge itself.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123