Keyless battery died - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Keyless battery died within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by brfatal I'm at 6 1/2 yrs on the same battery. I'm not surprised... I take you for ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I'm at 6 1/2 yrs on the same battery.
    I'm not surprised... I take you for a "let the girlfriend drive me in her car" kinda guy...

Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it possible something was interfering with the signal where I was? When I got home it worked no problem...strange...but not the first time this has happened. At my old job I would have to push it about 5-10 times to lock and unlock it...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Is it possible something was interfering with the signal where I was? When I got home it worked no problem...strange...but not the first time this has happened. At my old job I would have to push it about 5-10 times to lock and unlock it...
    Totally possible.

Were you near a nuclear weapons manufacturing facility?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

No...but I was near a UPS sorting facility and other random warehouses...but my last job was on an army post...hmm....and it worked everywhere except for where I parked it...maybe there was one underneath the parking lot...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Battery output decreases with temperature. Also, yes, something could have interfered, though it is IMO not likely. When you were pressing the button, was the LED lighting up on the remote?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Battery output decreases with temperature. Also, yes, something could have interfered, though it is IMO not likely. When you were pressing the button, was the LED lighting up on the remote?

LED?? I know what that means but I sure don't have one!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Sinister, way to make me laugh embarrassingly loud in a public restaurant.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I'm not surprised... I take you for a "let the girlfriend drive me in her car" kinda guy...

On the contrary, Heather complains when I don't drive. I'm not only her cook, but I'm her chauffeur too.

On that note, we should have told Lytec to consult his owners manual.
    Last edited by brfatal; 03-11-2010 at 01:06 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm at 6 1/2 yrs on the same battery.
    Almost 6 here ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    On the contrary, Heather complains when I don't drive.
    I almost always prefer not to drive. The one exception is if the driver tends to be vocal about complaining (traffic, people cutting them off etc.). Then I'll drive instead if I can.

I'm not only her cook,...
    This makes sense.

I think the cooking/sewing thing is gender biased but in the opposite way of how the stereotype runs. It has been said that some of the world's best cooks, some of the world's best seamsters, and alarmingly, some of the world's most beautiful women... may be men.

Lytlec, do you not have the factory alarm? If so, doesn't your remote have an LED on it? In any case, when you change the battery, make sure the contacts are tight against the replacement unit.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Put the remote under your chin and unlock it. I remember reading somewhere it is able to use your body as an antenna...I never really tried it but couldn't hurt to try...hopefully.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.