Subaru WRX Forum banner

p0304 cylinder misfire

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  soxfan019 
#1 ·
I just had a misfire on my 4th cylinder and I dont know what it is? Should i check my coil packs and if so how will i know if the coil is defective? What are some other things i should look for while figuring out what caused the misfire? If it is the ignition coil ill replace the spark plugs too.

#2 ·
Check to see if you placed the coil packs in the right cylinder. I had a misfire in cylinders #1 and #3.....put the coil packs in the proper place and everything was fine. doenst hurt to check and make sure the coil pack is completly snaped on to the spark plug (speaking from experience). check spark plug to soo if its properly gaped or dirty (nothing alittle carb cleaner cant fixed). Worst case scenario is you purchase new spark plugs and coils to see if the problem can be eliminated with new products.

#3 ·
thanks for the advice. Well what i did was just switch the 4th and 2nd cylinder coil and checked my AP and it said misfire on 2 now so it is just the ignition coil. already have it ordered and it will b here tomorrow. i only have the money right now to get one but before i take my long trip this summer im gonna replace the other 3 before those go out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.