Car Bucks under acceleration
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car Bucks under acceleration within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This isnt all the time, but most of the time it will buck, like bog and then kick in, varying ...

Car Bucks under acceleration

This isnt all the time, but most of the time it will buck, like bog and then kick in, varying from a little bit(what i would like to think is turbo lag) to mild(enough to make me get off the gas.) I don't stomp on it while the engine is cold, so most of this is near or at operating temp.

I have an '07 WRX TR with almost 52000 miles.

Could this be a boost leak? spark plugs? Stock airbox constriction?

This car has no mods, I bought it less than 1000 miles ago from a suby dealer. I has a mark on the rear seat from a child seat anchor, so I'm pretty sure it was a grocery getter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admin07tr View Post
    This isnt all the time, but most of the time it will buck, like bog and then kick in, varying from a little bit(what i would like to think is turbo lag) to mild(enough to make me get off the gas.) I don't stomp on it while the engine is cold, so most of this is near or at operating temp.

I have an '07 WRX TR with almost 52000 miles.

Could this be a boost leak? spark plugs? Stock airbox constriction?

This car has no mods, I bought it less than 1000 miles ago from a suby dealer. I has a mark on the rear seat from a child seat anchor, so I'm pretty sure it was a grocery getter.

any error codes? is your CEL on?

My car did this little hesitation when tryin to accelerate. It ended up being a blown exhaust gasket where my exhaust manifold connects to the up pipe. My car would still hit full boost and ran great. but there was that little hesitation when I hit the gas. I ended up buyin a 2x thick grimmspeed gasket and it solved all the problems.
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

No Codes, No CEL.

any other ideas?

Is your problem toward wot or low in the throttle range?

I had major bucking/throttle cut when I was anywhere from 2/3 throttle to WOT. Ended up being the fuel sock on my fuel pump was clogged with gunk. The fuel coming out of my fuel filter was a dark brown.

Did you try an ECU reset?
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

I had a terrible hesitation problem a couple years back that was caused by a faulty Crank Position Sensor. I doubt this would be whats causing yours becuase my car would hesitate and not rev any higher or go any faster.
    What I would do is clean the air filter, make sure you have no leaks throughout the intake system, and then check your spark plugs. If that fails just start going through everything under the hood looking for anything that looks "out of place", disconnected plugs, lose wires, etc. This is how I originally found the faulty sensor.
    Or you could simply take it to the stealership.
    good luck
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.