Camshaft Noise??

This is a discussion on Camshaft Noise?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking to buy a 2000 Impreza RS that apparently has a "camshaft noise" The reason I am posting ...

Camshaft Noise??

I am looking to buy a 2000 Impreza RS that apparently has a "camshaft noise"

The reason I am posting is to ask if anyone has had or heard of issues with a camshaft that would cause a audible noise. I apologize that I don't have a better description of the noise.

Apparently someone who is very familiar with these engines claims it is a camshaft noise and I have not heard it myself.

I will hopefully get to see the car this week but wanted to get the ball rolling before I actually look at the car.

Any comments appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    probably just need to replace the timing belt
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I'd be interested myself to find out what a camshaft noise was. Probably just a noisy head, which subarus are known for. . . or it's getting ready to blow up.