broken boost solenoid?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on broken boost solenoid? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello so today I was just cleaning my engine bay and I noticed that the tip of my stock boost ...

broken boost solenoid?

hello so today I was just cleaning my engine bay and I noticed that the tip of my stock boost solenoid is broken off, the one for the intake line, I know im going to have to fix it but im just curious if it is a serious problem or if I could hold off on fixing it till i got some money. Also should I stay with a oem solenoid or get a better aftermarket one, my car is cobb tuned so it is running higher boost.
    1983 chevy c10 - ~400 hp, fully restored- sold
    2004 Suzuki Sv650s - sold, but soon I will get another bike.
    2002 WRX - Stage 2

my facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the BCS is broken, you'll be running wastegate pressure.

Unless you want a custom tune for an aftermarket BCS, then stick with OEM - I picked up a used one for $20 a few years back
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

[QUOTE=EJ257;2586406]If the BCS is broken, you'll be running wastegate pressure.

Thanks for the reply. So what do you mean by running on wastegate pressure? And the unit itself isnt broken, i dont think, just the tip so air from the engine bay is going in instead of from the air duct. Sorry im new to turboed cars.
    1983 chevy c10 - ~400 hp, fully restored- sold
    2004 Suzuki Sv650s - sold, but soon I will get another bike.
    2002 WRX - Stage 2

my facebook

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.