fuel filter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on fuel filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i am thinking about changing the fuel filter. i want to know. where is it located? i havent looked around ...

fuel filter

i am thinking about changing the fuel filter. i want to know. where is it located? i havent looked around for it but i am asking before i start. 07 wrx tr. thanks for the help.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    06+ wrx fuel filters are in the tank... Have fun!
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

if thats the case then i wont be doing that lol thanks for the help
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    06+ wrx fuel filters are in the tank... Have fun!
    ^ That makes me love my bugeye even more. lol

and to the OP it might not be as bad as you think because you can get to the senders and that from the trunk if im right. via the 2 access panels in the trunk by the rear seats i think.

Quote Originally Posted by vttk_mig69 View Post
    ^ That makes me love my bugeye even more. lol

and to the OP it might not be as bad as you think because you can get to the senders and that from the trunk if im right. via the 2 access panels in the trunk by the rear seats i think.
    Some late 05's are in the tank as well....They arent to bad to do...Thanks to the baja fuel pump housing recall and the fuel tank one way fuel valve recall on the Foresters and Imprezas..Ive replaced more fuel pumps in the past couple months than in my entire life lol...anyways the pump isnt that bad to pull out...personally if it was my WRX I would do it...I couldnt justify spending thousands of dollars on a vehicle like a WRX than just let maintaince items go to the wayside because I dont want to exhert a little more effort...lol...

the access panel is in the truck close to the rear seat? that dont sound to terrible then. i just might do it then.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    the access panel is in the truck close to the rear seat? that dont sound to terrible then. i just might do it then.

Yes right behind the rear seats...unforunately you will have to remove the rear seats to pull the pump out...also make sure you pull the correct access cover....there should be an oval one and a round one ( due to subarus split fuel tank it has to have two fuel level senders..)..Anyways the one you will want to pull should be right behind the P/S rear seat its the oval one...

thanks i will get the filter and try it
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.