Boosting problem

This is a discussion on Boosting problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just put a turboxs turbo back exhaust no cat on my 07 wrx and when I get on it high ...

Boosting problem

Just put a turboxs turbo back exhaust no cat on my 07 wrx and when I get on it high boost the car loses boost and my check engine light comes on and the cruise control light starts to flash and it's not even on can anyone help me with this problem

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by evo eatr View Post
    Just put a turboxs turbo back exhaust no cat on my 07 wrx and when I get on it high boost the car loses boost and my check engine light comes on and the cruise control light starts to flash and it's not even on can anyone help me with this problem
    You're probably over boosting and having some serious spiking issues. Decat-ing the DP on an 06+ WRX is a no-no unless you get retuned. Flash to stage 2 immediately or take off the DP until you can.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

It's only in really high boost normal driving it is fine no problems or lights but when I get the rpms up really high is when I have the problem but flashing to a stage 2 will work or get the utech system?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by evo eatr View Post
    It's only in really high boost normal driving it is fine no problems or lights but when I get the rpms up really high is when I have the problem but flashing to a stage 2 will work or get the utech system?
    Stage 2 will work fine, and do it as soon as possible.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

"We highly suggest that you do not operate your 2007 WRX or 2007 STi with a catless exhaust system. If you have a catless exhaust system, we highly suggest you install at least one, post turbocharger high-flow catalytic converter to maintain some exhaust gas back-pressure after the turbocharger. If you choose to not follow our suggestions then you can purchase and install two items from your local Subaru dealership. The first item is Subaru OEM part # 09535A060, which is a replacement vacuum line where the restrictor pill will be located. The second item is Subaru OEM part # 22326KA120, which is a new restrictor pill that has a center hole machined to 1.20mm or .047”. The total retail cost for both of these items should be less than $6 USD. The restrictor pill will need to be carefully inserted in the middle of the vacuum line so the air can pass through the restrictor pill. It does not matter which way the restrictor pill faces as longs as the machined hole is perpendicular to the hose and air can pass through the pill."

you can find the rest : here

btw, this is all from the cobbtuning website.
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

I Support ClubWRX
    I did the restrictor pill mod. No problems here, but I am also stage 2

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Good info Jusino, thanks.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Good info Jusino, thanks.
    no problem, i had to do the same thing to my subie, running catless DP and cobb AP. ive been having the stage 2 and catless DP for about 6 months already and no problems. i do alot of windshield time to and from PA to MA. since the time i tuned i already traveled 10000 miles. i would suppose its doing its job keeping me away from the creeps (boost).
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134