Engine light on, dynamic driving light on and cruise control light flashing

This is a discussion on Engine light on, dynamic driving light on and cruise control light flashing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im a UK user and my car is only 3 months old, Impreza 2.5 WRX Turbo. Ive fitted a new ...

Red face Engine light on, dynamic driving light on and cruise control light flashing

Im a UK user and my car is only 3 months old, Impreza 2.5 WRX Turbo.

Ive fitted a new backbox, K&N Air Induction Kit and a Forge BOV last weekend.

All was well until the BOV was fitted, when I would temporarily lose power for about 1/3 of a second when changing gear at 5,000rpm. Then after about 80 miles of driving, the engine light came on, cruise control light began flashing and my dynamic driving light stayed on.

No funny noise or weird things happened and I managed to get the other 40 miles of driving home without issue except these lights wont turn off.

Ive just unplugged the battery in hope that the ECU will reset itself and hopefully (from looking at other forums) reconfigure itself to my new setup by holding revs at 3,000 when i start it up. Whether this is right or not, I dont know and hence Im asking anyone on this site if they can help. This is my fourth impreza and newest to own and I dont want to take it into the dealer if I can help it as i dont know if my warranty is void because of the mods i have made to the car....

Help me pleaseeeee! lol!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you don't know the code you will have to either find out or use the process of elimination.

First check all connections for electric problems or leaks.

Assuming elimination: The backbox isn't going to do much so that's fine. The BOV of course is a likely cause. Try re-fitting the correct valve, re-setting the ECU and see what happens (you can imagine what my guess is...).

If that doesn't work, try fitting the correct air intake.

It's going to be one or the other IMO. With the code things would be easier but I don't know if you can get that info for free (free is best!).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks but another question you may be able to help me with....

Thanks, but I have another question about resetting the ECU, Ive unplugged the battery, pumped the brakes a few times and left it unplugged for nearly 30 minutes.

Turned the key without powering up the engine and the engine light and dynamic drive lights still stay on and the cruise still flashes.

I also put the OEM recirc pump back on, doing the same with the unplugging the battery and still the same.

The car ran fine until I put the BOV on.