please help with part

This is a discussion on please help with part within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need to know the part nuber or where I can get a pair of front brake supports because my ...

please help with part

I need to know the part nuber or where I can get a pair of front brake supports because my front right support is sticking where you bolt the caliper to the support and has made my brake pads wear unevenly. Iam pretty sure that its just rusted tight. I would like to know where I can get new ones or how to fix this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what im looking for.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Either wire brush clean it or sand blast it. Its sticking probably because the slider pins and pad ends need to be greased.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Either wire brush clean it or sand blast it. Its sticking probably because the slider pins and pad ends need to be greased.
    +1..grease the sliders and clean off the rust...I do this with every brake job I do...I can say on the newer Imprezas (08+ ) some of the sliders seem to be a tad to long so your trying to force the caliper back together with the caliper bracket ( needless to say this makes the front pads wear down to almost nothing before 20k miles....we have actually had to grind away part of the slider to make it fit properly...Obviously this doesn't sound like his case here just mentioning it...
    nonetheless if you ever need a new one for some reason (bolt breaking off or whatnot) check out these guys...I have heard good things.... www.subarupartsforyou.com

I Support ClubWRX
    If nothing is broken or cracked then you can just clean and lube the slides. If you don't have them replace your brake pads or buy them seperate.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I checked out my local autozone and I can pick up a new set of grommets and pins for a bout 25 bucks and I think when I get my new front roters and pads ill change them all out. and would you guys recommend that I paint them up so they dont rust anymore. thanks for the responses me and my bro took the wheel and the caliper off today and because that one lower pin was stuck inwards my inside brake pad has worn unevenly and now I need a new set of pads and rotors.

You can paint them if you like...Personally If it was my car I would pull the calipers off...tape off/block the banjo bolt hole for the brake fluid, perhaps try and sand the rust off a tad, and paint away....If you do decide to paint them they do make special paint for this...

I think I'll sleep on that idea just gotta find the time to have the car up on jack stands for a while.