threw a CEL after doing some donuts this morning in the Snow!

This is a discussion on threw a CEL after doing some donuts this morning in the Snow! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; woke up this morning and there was about 2 feet of snow. i have had my subaru for 9 months ...

threw a CEL after doing some donuts this morning in the Snow!

woke up this morning and there was about 2 feet of snow. i have had my subaru for 9 months now. decided to do some donuts like usall winter drifting. did 10 flat spin donuts in a row and my CEL came on. any thoughts? or has this happen to you? stock exhaust stock everything with a BOV which i know is bad. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, so what was the code?

have no code yet havent checked. im think its a sensor but i did not drive it after the donuts to see if it went away as im at work. just asking if anyone else had this issue. wrx does not idle ruff everything seems normal.

Go to auto zone and they will read your code for free. There is no way we can guess what your code is over the internet. Drifting in the snow is pure fun, isn't it

Cool

ya i figured auto zone was my next stop. but man im sorry for those peeps out there who do not get a chance to drive in the snow. wrx are awesome in the snow love it

and the answer to this question was my bank 1 sensor. otherwords the up pipe. but all is good now thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya View Post
    and the answer to this question was my bank 1 sensor. otherwords the up pipe. but all is good now thanks
    What was the code?

There is only one bank and there are numerous sensors that include the word in their description. What was the code number?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i forgot the code number i have a mechanic friend who works on my vehical who also own a subaru. but the code was for the sensor in the cat for the up pipe.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK great.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

bassically means since i own a 05 wrx i really need to get rid of the cat in my up pipe correct

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya View Post
    bassically means since i own a 05 wrx i really need to get rid of the cat in my up pipe correct
    No.

If you are throwing an up pipe code and you still have the stock up pipe then the code is legitimate. People throw the code because they have already replaced the up pipe and the car expects a specific range of data from an EGT sensor that is either not present any more or not connected.

If your up pipe is the correct Subaru part and you are throwing an EGT code for the up pipe, I recommend figuring out why.

this was acctually the first time i ever threw a code. i have had the car for 9 months now and nothing has every been a problem. if some how i throw a code again i will deff look into seeing why. but i have a feeling that this one time could have been from high revs as i was in 1st gear the whole time with the spins.

That could be it i would definitely look into getting a catless uppipe, i have a perrin, stock 08 (catless), and maybe a turbo xs for sale. Let me know if your interested.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, get rid of the BOV, because your engine is a ticking time bomb with it installed without a tune.
    2010 SSM STI

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
    Also, get rid of the BOV, because your engine is a ticking time bomb with it installed without a tune.
    tuned stage 2 !!!!!!!!!!!